Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chelsea vs Manchester United part 2!!






Not mine, enjoy anyway! :P

So after 2 mins and 35 seconds (approximately) of injury time in the second half of our match against Manure, we received a free kick on the edge of the area after a dubious foul by Ferdinand. The events that happened after the whistle have left me confused and I wonder if I am the only one still asking "what if?" or "Eh?"

As soon as the referee had blown up, Rio started walking. He had already received his first yellow card and its possible he was walking away to the tunnel from his second and therefore red card. He could`ve been walking towards Sir Alex asking for guidance in what was already a chaotic last 10 mins, or he believed that the game had ended.

If my memory serves me correctly (apologies if it doesn`t) but I remember a Man Utd player down "injured" at the same time, meaning that the clock was running down past the 3 minutes intended, also stalling not only the free-kick but Mike Riley`s decisions. If the player hadn`t been down requiring treatment, would there have been a red card and also time for a free-kick / goal attempt?

Another part of the situation that not only puzzled me but angered me was the attitude of Sir Alex after the foul. He started striding onto the pitch calling his players off. This mentality reminded me of a Champions League game last year where a team was fed up with the decisions of the ref and the manager called his players off the pitch well before time had finished. So had Alex had enough? Or did he know that it was full time? There wasn`t really any need to part Neville from the ref, he was merely discussing events from the game like all Captains are entitled to.

Basically, I`m a little gutted because we had a chance for a free-kick on the edge of the area and possibly thanks to some Manure interruptions we lost out on it.

No response to “Chelsea vs Manchester United part 2!!”