Monday, August 11, 2008

Drogba has no plans to quit Bridge

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has assured the club's supporters that he will remain at Stamford Bridge for at least another two seasons.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move away from the club all summer, with Barcelona, AC Milan and Inter Milan all thought to be possible destinations for the 30-year-old.
However, Drogba insists he is going nowhere and will happily see out his contract with the Blues.

"I have always said that I am very happy at Chelsea," he told France Football. "It's a great team with great players and a great coach.

"Everything's going well here and I have two years left on my contract and I will spend them at Chelsea."

In an interview with the same magazine last October, soon after the departure of Jose Mourinho as manager, Drogba claimed he wanted to quit Stamford Bridge.

"I want to leave Chelsea," he said. "Something is broken with Chelsea. Nothing can stop me from leaving now."

He later said he regretted the remarks and was "100% committed" to Chelsea.

No response to “Drogba has no plans to quit Bridge”