Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DECO JOINS CHELSEA! WOO HOOOOOO!


Hellooooooooooooooooo~ I am back after a long vacation and as I woke up this morning, I read that Deco has joined Chelsea! Surprise, surprise!! ( Actually it was a done deal already when Deco was reportedly seeing Roman at his yacht during the EURO2008 campaign!)

Below is taken from the Daily Star. Enjoy!


New boss Phil Scolari started his Chelsea rev-olution last night with the £8m capture of Portugal midfielder Deco.

The 30-year-old had been told he was surplus to requirements at Barcelona and the new Stamford Bridge boss moved moved quickly to land a player he has worked with at international level.

Deco’s arrival boosts a midfield line-up already featuring the likes of Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Michael Essien, Mikel Jon Obi and Claude Makelele.

And one of Scolari’s priorities when he starts work today will be to set up talks with Lampard to resolve the England midfielder’s future.

Lampard is currently still on holiday on a luxury yacht off the coast of Sicily.

He is due back for pre-season training next week, but did nothing to dampen speculation about a possible link up with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

Lampard said: “Inter? Let’s wait and see. For the moment I am here on holiday with my family.

“My future at Chelsea? I don’t know anything yet.

“Italy is a beautiful country but I am not due to meet anyone here.”

Reports in Italy suggest that Lampard will be offered a £6m-a-year contract by Inter director Massimo Moratti and technical director Marco Branca later this week.

Chelsea have already paid £16.5m for another Portugal star, full back Jose Bosingwa, but face a fight to hang on to a third – Ricardo Carvalho.

He has been linked with both Inter and Real Madrid.

And Brazilian defender Alcides claimed yeserday he is returning from a loan spell at PSV Eindhoven to replace Carvalho at Stamford Bridge.

Alcides said: “PSV wanted me to stay but I have learned that Chelsea want me back.

“It seems Carvalho is leaving and I am going to replace him.”

New boss Scolari is also keen to push through a move for Real Madrid’s Robinho as he sets about spending the massive £250m transfer kitty that owner Roman Abramovich has put at his disposal.

No response to “DECO JOINS CHELSEA! WOO HOOOOOO!”